Thursday 26 July 2012

Newcastle, Coastal Walk, Graffiti

I hope all of you enjoyed the beautiful weather just as I did. On Friday I took the train to Newcastle. I had a look at the university and the city, and of course I got lost in Newcastle. Starting at Bondi Junction it is about a 3 hour train ride to Newcastle. It is a quiet and charming place to visit. While I was lost in Newcastle I ended up wandering through neighborhoods without seeing anybody. What a difference to Sydney. The city has beautiful surf beaches and a lovely mall.

City mall in Newcastle

University in Newcastle

On Saturday I decided to take a walk on Sydney's famous coastal walk. I started on Bondi Beach and walked to Waverly Cemetery.  The walk has amazing scenery making it perfect to take pictures. It took me about 1 hour to walk from Bondi Beach to the cemetery. If you pack some meals and drinks and don't have to rush to be somewhere else you can even spend a whole day walking the path. You could even go to Maroubra Beach, have a picnic there and walk back in the late afternoon enjoying the sunset on the coast.
Coastal Walk Sydney

Coastal Walk Sydney

Coastal Walk Sydney

Cemetery on Coastal Walk in Sydney



My recommodation for those of you who don't have a lot of time for sightseeing are the new grafitties on bondi beach:

 Following are my favourites. What are yours?



Check out our event calendar for the latest trips. They will also be posted on here in the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment