Thursday 12 July 2012

Bondi Beach, Ted, Opera House

My time with Sydney Internships has just started. I am happy to inform you about news and adventures and keep you up to date about my time in Sydney.
First of all I would like to thank Anne for being so patient and polite explaining everything to me. I wish her all the best for her travels and a good time in Australia.
My first week has been very relaxed. Luckily I am staying at Bondi Beach and have been able to avoid the hectic city so far. Of course I visited the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge as these are a 'MUST'. We also had the opportunity to take in a beautiful view from one of the city towers right next to Sydney Harbour Bridge. The best thing is it was for free!! I am going to write more about that on my next newsletter.

My first glimpse of the Opera House

Most of the time I stayed on Bondi Beach which is an awesome place to live. Everybody who hasn't been there yet should definitely get on a bus RIGHT NOW and go there. Take a towel and a good book and soak in the Winter sun at the beach .You will see time flies by doing nothing. Otherwise if you are one of the adventurous types go rent a surfboard and try out another MUST DO activity, surfing. Waves are good and if you get a wetsuit it won't be cold at all. I tried rollerblading last week. I used to be a pro as a child, but don't think those skills have carried through. I didn't fall but people were laughing at me as I slid down the hill on my butt instead of on the roller blades... I think my skating skills as a child have past. Nevertheless the sun was shining and we had a beautiful view as you can see.

Bondi Beach in Winter

Another special event was going to the movies. Awesome movie, highly recommend seeing - TED!! So funny, all of you should see it. I went to a cinema at Bondi Junction, and no kidding I have never sat in such comfy huge seats before. On Tuesday it is 'cheap cheap' (well of course cheap for Australia). Some viewings are just $10 but you better reserve seats beforehand. It is very crowded.


So let's see what next week has to offer. If you are bored in the big city of Sydney, don't hesitate to contact me. I would love to meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment