Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mixed Emotions

Unfortunately this will be my last post on the blog. Hannah will take over the blog and keep you informed about her adventures.
On Friday I will leave to Cairns and travel down the coast to Sydney. I am already very excited about the trip but also I am sad to leave Sydney and all of my friends.



My last weekend was very good. Thursday night was a fun night out at the Ivy. Thursday is free entry which is always nice.
The next day a friend visited me and we went together to Bondi Beach to do the coastal walk and to see the sculptures by the sea. The sun was out and and we rested at the end of the exhibition on Tamarama Beach. The sculptures were beautiful but the paths were very crowded.
Sculpture by the sea

Sculptures by the sea

In the evening I went out with some friends to a restaurant in the backstreets of Paddington. It is a very nice area to eat and relax but the resaraunts can get very busy, even during the week. I highyl recommend you either book a table or turn up early.


We loved Paddington so much that we went there again the next morning to sit outside at a cafe to have breakfast. 
Paddington
After that we walked through Paddington Market and tried to catch a bus to Bondi Beach and go for a swim. Unfortunately there were too many people who had the same idea. The buses were packed and didn't even stop to let people on.... I have learnt to be very patient here in Australia. 
Paddington Market
When we finally reached the beach we were so glad just to relax and to jump into the refreshing sea. 


In the evening we had a farewell party for both my friend and I. It was an extraordinary night with highly mixed emotions.


Sunday was a recovery day, the weather was bad so we didn't go out for too many adventures only short walk to the beach and back. 


The new intern, Hannah and I are already very excited to meet many of you tonight at the intern meeting at Grill'd. She will take over the blog and the newsletter next week.


Looking forward to tonight. I wish all of you who can't join tonight a great time in Australia. For me it was awesome and I will never forget all the unique experience I have had. 


Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment